I had already just started #NaNoWriMo in 2011, when via social media I came across Larry Brooks (@storyfix on Twitter). Despite the time constraint of completing 50,000 words in 30 days, I decided to write in conjunction with reading his book"
Story Engineering" and it really gave me focus. Although I had already been eagerly reading all the "
How To's" from the many successful talented authors I followed on social media, this book somehow really made me confidently finish the Competition successfully, and what a help in the later editing process! This all resulted in my published book
A Question of Love.
Although I am in the throes of working on the very first story idea I envisaged, when I decided to become a writer (and incidentally this draft has been going through many re-incarnations) meanwhile, Larry has brought out a brand new book entitled "
Story Physics". This is proving to be also not only fascinating, but incredibly useful. So I am once again pausing, soaking up the additional incredibly useful information on the process of writing.
I don't think I will ever stop wanting to learn. Creativity is continually changing, generations are searching for the new. We must never stagnate and be open to as much learned information and advice as possible.
I know when I go back to my book, during or after reading "Story Physics" I will be well equipped to let the story flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment