(Photo credit www.123rf.com # 12501397)
Truth would definitely be Stranger Than Fiction!
I mean take the "Reality" programmes. Not the awesome programmes like MasterChef, where I'm totally gobsmacked at the skill of others! Nor the Quiz Programmes, which unfortunately we have aired about 12 years later than produced from the BBC because of the ratio : £ Sterling to South African Rand! Nor the fantastic Business Acumen programmes. I'm referring to the dating or so-called "family reality" which is huge in its popularity around the world! What kind of precedent and even "reality" does it depict to a viewer? We are supposed to become more intelligent as time goes on and the very young are surely indications in their smartness of this. But the slightly older ...
Maybe it is time to emphasize Fiction is just that, and it will always have its place and is amazing - also a way of "switching-off". But REALITY must not take on this new role. Let reality mean REAL - what an intelligent person embraces and rises up to!


No comments:
Post a Comment