Powered By Blogger

Thursday, 4 July 2013

Writer - Keep Your Eye on the Ball

At the moment it is Tennis Fever as Wimbledon is on!  A few of my best favorites have this year been knocked out of the competition, but I shall hopefully have time to watch at least, the Men's Final.

Which brings me, as a self-published author, who in the art of creating a story, all of a sudden has to also become interested in marketing that story.  This process is a deviation, however, from what they actually do best, want to do, and that is write.

Also it really is important to keep learning, and to keep reading.  So often, however, with one's daily tasks our "Eyes are taken off the Ball!"  Our focus becomes unclear and we neglect the actual writing process, which is ludicrous!


(Photo www.123rf.com no. 7790822

I really think NanoWriMo is the most amazing way of re-directing one's attention back into focus.  It is certainly the most efficient way to motivate oneself to get a first book off the ground!  Having the companionship of others, as well as the competitive aspect, is an experience I shall never forget.  So many people have wonderful ideas which remain conjecture, and they never reach the stage of even starting their actual book.

Yes, marketing is important, but I think a stage should be reached where one decides "this particular method works for me" then, as all the truly experienced and successful authors advise, get writing and publish more books.

No comments:

Post a Comment