What are the required ingredients I personally look for in a Romantic Story or movie?
I have to say, whatever they are, The Proposal has it all. I am endeavouring to aspire to, and to create, such amazing sheer enjoyment whilst writing my "in-progress" book.
The picture I show of Sandra Bullock, who plays Margaret Tate, chief editor at a major New York City book publisher, and Ryan Reynolds, who plays Andrew Paxton, Margaret's assistant were - I surmise - during a break in rehearsals as these two utterly charming and talented stars were amazing throughout the entire movie in enacting almost constant conflict - my first but by no means least required ingredient, viz: conflict, conflict and more conflict.
The remainder of the ingredients inter alia:
- gigantic build up of romantic tension
- dollops of humour
- family love plus family conflict
- utterly spectacular scenery
- a business and professional environment
- reversal of what used to be the "norm" - where a woman is the boss!
- amazing chemistry!
The Proposal is a 2009 American romantic comedy film directed by Anne Fletcher, written by Pete Chiarelli. Produced by Mandeville Films and was released on June 19, 2009 in North America by Touchstone Pictures. (Photograph and information relating to the movie from Wikipedia)


No comments:
Post a Comment